Sunday 5 June 2016

How To Make Fluffy Waffles!

This is NOT your usual food post as you've seen in other blog(s) neither my usual skincare post.
I've tried and experiment a dozen of waffles recipes. I-do-not-like-them because it's neither fluffy nor crispy as they claim to be. I LOVE my waffle to be crispy and airy.
One such place that sells (to my standard) is: http://www.hatterstreet.com
I love their soya bean and grass jelly ice cream drizzle with gula melaka syrup. It taste so heavenly it's the yin to my yang. Alright back to MY waffle.
waffles
This is an imprompt blog post so don't mind those unplanned ugly food photos, alright? I'm staying real (in a screaming voice).
It took me a long time to finalize the amount of the ingredients for one person/small portion. A lot of the recipes that I have came across caters to at least a couple or more. I'm anal about it because I am the ONLY person in the house eats it and I do not like to have leftovers. Normally I eat this as a meal with no toppings and on the bright side it's easy to memorize.
Ingredients
All you need are:
1 cup all purpose flour/self rising flour
1 cup of milk (If you ran out of milk like I do, you can use water)
4 tablespoon of sugar (I prefer brown sugar)
3 tablespoon of melted butter (If you ran out of butter replace it with oil)
A pinch of salt
A pinch of baking powder
A pinch of baking soda
1 egg, separate the yolk and white*
This is enough for 4-6 waffles. The cooking time is longer than my preparation. It only took me less than 5 minutes to done preparing for ingredients and a minute or two to mix everything together, provided you own an electronic mixer.
  • Mix all dry ingredients together (flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda)
  • Whip the egg white till it foams (I whipped too much)
eggwhite
  • Add wet ingredients (milk, yolk and butter) to the dry ingredients
  • Mix it till JUST combine
batter
  • FOLD the batter and egg white with a spatula (I couldn't find one hence I used rice paddle)
battereggwhite
  • Grease the pan and pour the batter
  • Wait till it brown
wafflepan
It won't be as tasty if you were to replace milk as water. If you are someone who likes sweet stuff, do add a couple more tablespoons of sugar.
waffle2
I hope you will enjoy my fluffy and crispy waffle recipe. Don't be like me and over whip the egg white.

No comments:

Post a Comment