Sunday 12 August 2018

Advertisements are FAKE!


Advertising is important but I cannot tell you how much I hate seeing false and misleading ads. No business may make false, misleading ads about a product(s). Misleading advertising has been egregious practice for many many many many many many(you get the idea) years. Advertisements offer discounts or declare they are for a limited period but such deals repeated week after week. It is time for us to stop these charades that deceive some and insult many.

One such company is MKUP SG 美咖. I have been seeing their ads for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't lie, some of their ads are quite attractive BUT here I am telling you guys...

NOT ALL ADVERTISEMENTS ARE REAL! I recorded this ad(down below) from my laptop. MKUP is advertising how awesome their foundation is. They can cover up tattoos, moles, pimples and even dark circles! Yes it's good. Kat Von D Lock-It-Foundation does the same thing but why am I calling MKUP out?



No one has BROWN dark under eyes circles aside from that, no one will have an uniform dark under eyes circles too. To be honest, I find it hilarious.



Another issue to look out for is...filter.

It's another cheap tactic to con people in believing their product(s) works. Filter helps to eliminate skin texture and brighten their skin tone hence it manipulate people's mind that the product(s) makes their skin brighter in fact, they just shot it with and without filter for before and after results.

True that it helps in our daily life to make us prettier in photos/videos with just one click and also being effortless and that's about it.

I never believe those makeup artists who use filter for their "after" work. Using filter does not make your work any better, it just hides the skin textures and tricks people into thinking "My makeup skill is that good that I can make your skin looks like baby's butt!".


Lastly, it's LIGHTING!

Whitening always doesn't actually mean whitening. 


I did screenshot of their ads. It's their Day 1 and Day 9 comparison. The areas that I pointed out with my red arrows indicate she bumped up her lighting (compare it with the screen shot on the left). Looked at the background, see the differences in brightness? Her face has shine on Day 9 (photo on the right) but none on Day 1(photo on the left).


https://www.facebook.com/MKUPSG/videos/2040726899505507/

Do note that they only apply this particular product only on their nose despite it saying it helps to brighten but I wonder why anywhere else aside from the nose became brighter.



Needless to say, don't believe in everything you see. Take it with a pinch of salt. Personally, I hate seeing ads deceiving people. I do hope this article helps you in someway.


PS: These are from MKUP SG facebook videos.


Also do check out my Instagram post on 13 Aug 2018, if you can't watch the video above.


No comments:

Post a Comment